The way I look at it is that our bodies are the containers that house our spirit. And we get to decide how we want our bodies to look and feel.
We are the architects of the appearance of our physical body. Take today to decide how you want your container to look and feel and show up in the world.
Here are a few things to consider:
1. Does your refrigerator and pantry reflect a healthy lifestyle? Is there a good supply of fruits and vegetables available? It is suggested that we get 4-5 servings of each every day. Eat well and savor it. Food is one of the most potent drugs there is. Use it to your benefit.
2. Are you getting enough sleep? Seven to nine hours per night is recommended. To learn about the importance of sleep, I invite you to listen to the Joe Rogan podcast and his discussion with guest Matthew Walker, a world-renowned sleep expert. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwaWilO_Pig
3. Move your body! At the very least, go on a vigorous 20-30 minute walk each day. Participate in a functional fitness class that provides a variety of workouts, including using weights. We offer both in-class and online classes at Evolve three days a week. It doesn't matter where you live; you can participate with a great group of folks three days a week. DM me to get signed up! https://www.kgpt.com/50-shades-of-grace.html
4. Get regular check-ups and blood work done. Be sure to do these things before you have a problem. Here is a great article that explains All About Blood Tests.
5. Be aware of your emotions and identify the people, places, and things that trigger negativity and stressful reactions from you.
6. Practice self-care. Get your massage, take a bath, find a quiet corner, read, sit quietly, or write in your journal. Make self-care appointments with yourself and put them in your calendar.
7. Hydrate. Drink at least 16 ounces of water each day. This helps to eliminate headaches, muscle aches, dry skin, and fatigue.
8. Moderate your intake of alcohol, caffeine, and sugar.
There is more, but this is a good start.
Remember, you are the one who is designing your body and how you feel in it. Please make healthy choices.
Quote of the Day
"You are always only one choice away from changing your life."