What Eating Plan Is Best For You?
What Eating Plan is Best for You? Join Katie and me and learn about the various eating plans available and how to find out what is best for you.
1. 2020 Resolutions - reflect upon 2019 and any resolutions you may have set as asking yourself: what went well and why? What didn't and why? What can I do differently?
2. Diets: Before diving into specific diets, let's talk a little bit about how food serves us as individuals and why there is so much confusion about what to eat.
3. Now let's dive into specific diets
Ketogenic Diet: High-fat diet, between 80-90% of calories coming from fat
Intermittent Fasting: restricted periods of eating and fasting. Popular - time-restricted eating (16:8) or 5:2 diet
Gluten-Free: complete elimination of gluten-containing foods like wheat, barley, rye.
Plant-based: high consumption of plants based foods, e.g., vegetables, legumes, grains, etc. Diet may or may not contain animal products.
Vegan: 100% plant-based diet. complete elimination of animal products.
4. Do you recommend or caution the use of any of these diets?
5. How does a person figure out what is the best diet for them, and what are some things that they should be looking out for? Any recommendation for specific age groups? What about weight loss?
1. Track your food and how it impacts your body. We need to create awareness about the choices we make affect our bodies and our health.
2. You need to EAT to LOSE weight. If you starve your body, you will not build muscle. Your body will go into preservation mode and hold onto fat.
3. If something isn't working for you, STOP DOING it. Find something new. Be curious and ask questions. Be mindful of confirmation bias.
4. SOCIAL MEDIA is often stronger than science. Don't be afraid to follow the sources back to the original research.
A study made on MX3 Capsule done in America and published in the Journal of Aging Resarch and Clinical Practice. It was concluded that MX3 Capsule helps improve mobility together with a good and healthy diet.
Leave a Reply.
Quote of the Day
"You are always only one choice away from changing your life."